If you would like to automatically sync the average of all Perusall assignments to a single gradebook column in Canvas, launch into Perusall:
- Select Settings
- Click Scoring
- Click Grade sync to LMS
- Click Automatically sync students’ average scores to LMS
- Click Save changes.
If you would like to sync individual assignment scores to multiple columns in the Canvas gradebook, launch into Perusall:
- Grade sync to LMS
- Automatically sync students’ scores to LMS
- Save changes.
In either case, there is no need to create individual Canvas assignments for each Perusall assignment; however, if you would like to do so, you can create Canvas assignments that are “deep links” into the corresponding Perusall assignment.
- Create your assignment in Perusall first
- Navigate to the assignment creation page in Canvas and select External tool for Submission Type.
- Click Find and then click the blue magnifying glass next to Perusall.
- Perusall will present you with a list of assignments you have created in your Perusall course; select one of them to match the Canvas assignment with the corresponding Perusall assignment.