The version of Lockdown Browser available in Rutgers Canvas is different than the version from other institutions; each download file is tied to an institution. If you need to use Lockdown Browser to take an exam or quiz in both Rutgers Canvas and another institution as part of a partnership program, then you will need to install two versions of the application on your computer. The directions below assume you have the Blackboard version already installed on your computer
- Follow the directions to download and install Lockdown Browser.
- Select the option for a second institution.
- Click Next.
- In your Windows menu, you will now see two versions of Lockdown Browser.
- Navigate to your Applications folder.
- Locate your existing copy of Lockdown Browser.
- Right-click to show the mouse menu.
- Click Rename.
- Rename the application to include version (School 1 Name).
- Follow the directions to download and install Lockdown Browser. You may opt to rename the second version for Canvas.