Live Course Sites
Live Course Sites are the official worksites for a particular academic course and are linked to the Rutgers Student Information Systems to automatically populate its roster. The supported systems are REGIS, BANNER, and ANCOR (non-credit professional development).
This page contains instructions on how to get a Live Course Site with Roster.
Undergraduate and Graduate Courses
Request Course Site by Email
Instructors may send an email to email@example.com to request a live course site. The following information should be included in the email:
- Instructor’s Rutgers NetID
- Course code and section
- Registration index number (5 digit number)
- Are you teaching multiple sections?
- If yes, should they be separate Live Course Sites or combined into 1 Site?
Instructors will be provided access to their course immediately. The student roster will be added within 24 hours.
Request Course Site in Course Scheduling System
Undergraduate and graduate sections are created in Canvas before the start of each semester.
- The assigned instructor in the Course Scheduling Systems will be provided access when the Live Course Site is created in Canvas.
- Student rosters for the Live Course Site are synced with the student information systems every morning.
If you are teaching in the current or upcoming semester and do not see your course listed in your Canvas Account, please work with your departmental administrators or departmental course editors to accurately code your course offering using the course scheduling system requirements below.
The Application for Noncredit Online Registration (ANCOR) is the registration system used at Rutgers ensure compliance with the university’s policies for noncredit student records and business practices.
The ANCOR integration in Canvas allows programs to create canvas course sites themselves and have enrollments synced in real time. For more information about ANCOR, please visit their website.
All other Canvas non-credit related questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.