Linkedin Learning, formally Lynda.com, is available as an integration in Rutgers Canvas. Instructors may assign courses or videos for students. Instructors may already have a learner account available from Rutgers Office of Information Technology Linkedin Learning website. The following directions are divided into four parts that describe the process to gain additional permissions needed to use the Canvas integration, creating an assignment for Linkedin Learning, and grading your Canvas Assignment:
- Canvas Assignment Setup
- Select Linkedin Learning Content
- Add Linkedin Learning SSO Link to your Canvas assignment
- Grading your Linkedin Learning assignment
Canvas Assignment Setup
- Log into Canvas and navigate to your course.
- In your Canvas course, click Assignments in the course navigation. Add a new assignment. You may also add an assignment type to an existing Module.
- You may add any directions or assignment-specific information in the Rich Content Editor. For Submission Type, choose External Tool from the dropdown menu and click on the Find button.
- In the Configure External Tool window, select Linkedin Learning.
- Check the box to Load in a new tab.
- Click Select.
- Edit your assignment settings to include points and due dates.
- Click Save.
Select Linkedin Learning Content
- Click to Load your assignment in a new window.
- In the upper right, click Go to Admin.
- In the upper menu, click Content.
- Browse or search for content.
- When you locate the course you wish to add DO Not click on the tile. Hover your mouse over the tile and you will see the More menu. From the More menu, click Get SSO Link. The URL is saved in your clipboard.
Alternatively, from within a Linkedin Learning course, you may also use an SSO URL link from a particular video segment in a Linkedin Learning course. Navigate to the course. In the contents tab, click the three dots to copy the Get SSO URL.
- Return to your Canvas assignment.
Add Linkedin Learning SSO Link to your Canvas assignment
- Edit your Canvas assignment.
- Scroll down to Submission Type.
- In the Enter or find an External Tool URL field, paste the SSO URL from Linkedin Learning into the field.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.
- Test the URL by loading the assignment in a new window.
Grading Your Linkedin Learning Assignment
Linkedin Learning will automatically enter the points in your gradebook based on the percentage of the video that your students watch.