Offered by Barnes & Noble College, the First Day™ Course Materials app supports the First Day™/Inclusive Access program at Rutgers. With this app in your course, students in participating courses can manage their status and gain direct access to eTextbook titles. Publisher courseware will remain available to students through a separate LTI integration provided by the publisher.
What is First Day™?
First Day™ is Barnes & Noble College’s inclusive access model, where digital course materials are included as an additional course charge for a particular course or program. This model supports Barnes & Noble’s goal to offer convenience and ease for students, affordable options, and to support student success by ensuring every student is prepared for the first day of class.
What are the Benefits of First Day™?
- Students are prepared on the first day of class with all their required materials, leading to greater student success
- The price students pay is below market value
- Students can use their financial aid to cover the course materials costs
- Faculty will know that their students are getting affordable materials
- Students will have seamless access to their materials through Rutgers Canvas
- Students will have the option to opt-out of the program via the Course Materials link in Canvas.