Library Tutorials contains a collection of high-quality, standards-based online lessons, videos, activities, and quizzes provided by the Rutgers University Libraries through a license with NimblyWise and Credo Reference, leading library instruction providers, in the areas of Information Literacy, Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, and Health Science Information. An LMS integration allows instructors to import and publish one or more assignments in their course. Course instructors can make an assignment required and include quiz assessments in the course grade.
The tutorials address core competency areas and the quizzes are mapped to instructional standards including the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U VALUE) Rubrics for Information and Literacy and others, the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Framework for Information Literacy, and the ACRL Visual Literacy Standards.
The tutorials are arranged in four courses that are published in Canvas Commons.
- Information Literacy: Build skills to locate, cite, manage, and ethically use information
- Critical Thinking: Develop skills to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information
- Communication: Increase effectiveness of oral, written, and visual communication
- Health Science: Locate health resources, apply appropriate research methods, and participate in evidence-based practice
Instructors: To view and use the Library Tutorials, please search Canvas Commons for “Library Tutorials.” (How do I import from Canvas Commons as an Instructor?) For questions about the Library Tutorials content, or to supplement the online instruction, please contact your library liaison.
The Library Tutorials enterprise license and integration, powered by NimblyWise and Credo Reference, is provided by Rutgers University Libraries.
- Credo Documentation: Learning Tools Accessibility & VPAT – This site describes the tool’s compliance with WCAG 2.0 and Section 508.