Cisco WebEx is a synchronous meeting application to promote remote and online learning. As part of the Rutgers enterprise WebEx license, Canvas instructors can schedule Webex meetings and facilitate collaboration within Rutgers Canvas. The Canvas allows instructors to:
- Schedule single-occurence and recurring meetings.
- Easily schedule recurring office hours to allow students to claim a meeting time.
- Automatically award Canvas assignment points for attendance with the WebEx Meetings Attendance Grading.
- Invite non-enrolled guests via a persistent meeting link.
- View all scheduled WebEx Meetings via My Meetings.
Instructors: To use the WebEx Integration, Rutgers NetID users will need an existing Rutgers WebEx account. Please enable WebEx via the Service Activation Portal. As part of the WebEx integration, WebEx Meetings, Events, and Training is integrated in Rutgers Canvas. WebEx Classroom Collaboration is not available in Rutgers Canvas. If you do not see Cisco WebEx in your course navigation, please enable by managing your course navigation links.
Students in Canvas do not need an account to join a WebEx meeting.
- Rutgers IT: WebEx
- Cisco Webex Help Center
- Cisco WebEx Education Connector for Teachers
- The Cisco Webex Education Connector for Students