Demographic-Based Sites are course sites in Canvas with a custom roster configured by student, course, or term attributes. These sites provide the ability to organize different cohorts of students together for various departmental or university requirements.
Every site request will be reviewed by the Canvas Administrators. The admins will determine if the site is an appropriate use for the learning management system. If any requests are unclear, the admin will reach out to the requestor directly to clarify the details.
- Demographic-Based Sites are configured by attributes from the student, course, and term tables at Rutgers. See Types of Demographic Based Sites.
- Demographic-Based Sites rosters are confined by ‘year’ or by ‘year & term’. The rosters will stop updating at the end of the requested year.
- Site rosters will be updated every morning. If a student no longer meets the criteria of the configured site, they will be removed. Any users that was manually-added to the site will not be removed.
- For Demographic-Based Sites requesting active students for a major or school, the admins will require additional approval by the dean or program director/chair.
- Demographic-Based Sites cannot use Canvas GradeSync. These sites should not be used to grade students in an academic term.
- Demographic-Based Sites is currently unavailable for students in the BANNER system.
- Additional instructions and available options will be listed in the request form.