Mirror Sites, available as an application in RU Faculty Tools, allow faculty and staff to create a separate course site and mirror an active student roster. When students add or drop a course during the semester, their enrollment will be updated in both the original and mirror site’s rosters.
Instructions on how to set up a Mirror Sites, can be found on the Mirror Sites – Instructor Guide.
Using Mirror Sites depends on the following requirements:
- The person requesting the Mirror Site is an active Faculty or Staff at the University.
- The person requesting the Mirror Site is logging into Canvas with their Rutgers NetID. Email accounts will not work.
- The person requesting the Mirror Site is enrolled into the section as a teacher, TA, Facilitator, Course Support, or other editing role.
- The course site is listed in a current or future term. Past terms are disabled and will not update the student roster.
- The course section was created by Rutgers Course Scheduling System and linked with an active registration index number.
Additional Use Guidelines:
- Mirror Sites will cannot use Canvas GradeSync. All grades need to be finalized in the original course site if you plan to use Canvas to send grades.
- Mirror Sites will not work for RBHS BANNER course sites or any manually created sections.
- Only one Mirror Site per section may be created. If another course instructor has already created a Mirror Site, their information will be displayed on the request page.