Gradescope is a feedback and assessment tool that dramatically reduces the pain and time associated with grading exams, homework, and other assignments. Gradescope is widely used for delivering assessments remotely. It enables instructors and graders to give better and more timely feedback, resulting in improved learning outcomes. Dynamic rubrics help streamline the tedious parts of grading while increasing grading consistency. AI-assisted Grading allows instructors to automatically group similar answers and grade all the answers in each group at once. Gradescope also helps with grading programming assignments at scale and can automatically grade printed bubble sheets.
A few highlights include:
- Dynamic rubrics that help streamline the tedious parts of grading while increasing grading consistency and decreasing bias
- Various assignment types ranging from fully online with many question types to handwritten, or a combination of the two
- AI-assisted grading which allows instructors to automatically group similar answers and grade all the answers in each group at once
Rutgers has an enterprise license. Please access Gradescope through Rutgers Canvas by enabling it in the course navigation.
Gradescope Single Sign-on for Rutgers
You can use your Rutgers NetID to access Gradescope. Please see refer to these additional resources:
- How to create a new account with Gradescope with single sign-on
- How to edit your Gradescope account to add an email address to your existing account so that it matches your Official Rutgers Email Address (this may be different from the email address you use to log into Connect) and any in your Canvas settings.
- How to merge your GradeScope accounts if a second one is created for you.
- Rutgers graduate students may be assigned a student role when they initially access Gradescope. To elevate your privileges to obtain full instructor permissions, please email Gradescope or ask another instructor to add you to their course site.
- Gradescope Help Center
- Gradescope Student Resources:
- Gradescope Instructor Resources:
- Using Gradescope with Canvas as an Instructor
- Getting Started for instructors
- Course Workflow – for use without Canvas
- Learn About Gradescope from Fellow Instructors
- Register for a weekly Gradescope Workshop hosted every Thursday @ 9am PT / 12pmET or Gradescope monthly webinars
- How can I create a course as an instructor if I have a student account?
- Recorded Webinars:
- Getting Started with Gradescope (video with chapters)
- Advanced Gradescope Workshop for Existing Users (video with chapters)