Top Hat’s in-class teaching platform brings active learning into the classroom to help faculty achieve their course goals. Top Hat is an end-to-end teaching solution where students are engaged in and out of the classroom through cutting-edge polling software, low-cost interactive content, flexible homework systems, and secure test-taking solutions. Across its suite of products, Top Hat offers discipline-specific assessment types to gauge understanding and deepen comprehension.
Top Hat is a cloud-based solution which offers many new features for classroom engagement, and students will no longer be required to purchase a physical device, but can use their own mobile device, and simply purchase a Top Hat subscription. With Top Hat, instructors may
- Turn students’ internet-connected devices into teaching tools—with Top Hat, there’s no need for additional hardware
- Take attendance effortlessly and accurately—our location-based attendance technology means only students who are actually in class get counted
- Engage your class in a more meaningful way—create polls, questions and discussions that encourage participation and conversation, and give you real-time feedback
- Create interactive homework that provides hints and feedback to help students master their course material.
- Track student performance with the Top Hat Gradebook
- Integrate with Rutgers Canvas to pass grades to the gradebook
Top Hat Single Sign-on for Rutgers
Top Hat Support for Students
If you need assistance with your Top Hat account, subscription, or return form, please contact Top Hat student support directly, via email or phone. Only Top Hat can manage accounts and refunds. email@example.com or call 1-888-663-5491.
Top Hat Subscription Pricing
Preferred pricing for Rutgers University students (not per course):
- One semester: $20
- One year: $30
- Lifetime: $55
Top Hat Enhanced Functionality for Canvas:
- Roster sync
- Multiple column grade sync
- Attendance sync
- Secure, single sign on integration
- Top Hat Support Center
- Top Hat Single Sign-on Account Set-up
- Top Hat Contact for Instructors: Schedule a demo or department meeting with Ryan Byrne, Account Representative, Top Hat. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Top Hat Support: Student: Quick Start Guide
- Top Hat Support: Professor: Advanced Canvas Integration
- Top Hat Support: Professor: Advanced Canvas Integration with Section Support