Text-to-speech technology by ReadSpeaker has been made available to all Canvas Users. It does not require software downloaded to your computer, and can be accessed on any internet-connected device.
Rutgers has an enterprise license for ReadSpeaker.
- Improve course outcomes
- Increase comprehension and retention
- Comply with the Universal for Learning (URL) concept
- Provide a bimodal learning option
How to Use ReadSpeaker
The ReadSpeaker listen icon at the bottom left of the course enables your students to listen HTML content to be read out loud to them.
- The speaker icon will activate the listen button.
- Drag the volume arrows to move the Listen button to the desired position.
- Click on “?” to learn how to use the button.
- The settings button will let you set individual preferences for settings, including reading speed, highlighting colors, text magnifying, and automatic scrolling.
- Click the play button to play or pause the audio
- Click the stop button to stop the audio
- Click the double arrows to collapse/hide the Listen button options
Getting Started with ReadSpeaker
References – ReadSpeaker Website