Canvas Course Announcements is a native tool in all Canvas courses, which instructors may use to post information that the entire class should know. Course announcements are often used to welcome students to the course, and post updates and reminders about course content.
Canvas Announcements can also be replied to, making them a potential Question & Answer tool. Replies to announcements may occur inside of Canvas or as a reply to an email notification. You can allow “likes” by students or only by graders to add an additional level of interaction. Announcements may be available as an RSS feed or an external RSS feed may be added to post to your Canvas Announcements.
- How do I add an announcement in a course?
- How do I attach a file to an Announcement in my course?
- How do I delay posting an Announcement until a specific date in my course?
- How do I reply to an Announcement as an instructor?
- How do I reply to an Announcement as a student?
- How do I allow students to like replies in an Announcement?
- How do I view the Announcements RSS feed as an instructor?
- How do I view the Announcements RSS feed as a student?
- How do I view Announcements in the Canvas app on my iOS device?
- How do I add an external RSS feed to an announcement as a student?
- How do I add an external RSS feed to an announcement as an instructor?
View All Canvas Guides