- Active faculty, staff and students will log in to Canvas using their Rutgers NetID
- Non-credit students and guests will be provided an Email Login
- Please reach out to your program if you do not receive your login information
Instructions on how to login with the Rutgers NetID or Email Address are shown below:
Step 1: Set up your password
If you already know your password, skip to Step 2
- Navigate to the Canvas Email Login Page, and click on Forgot password?
- Type your email address and click the Request Password button
- Return to your email account and sign in. Open the email Forgot Password: Canvas
- The sender is email@example.com
- Click the Click here to set a new password link.
- After you have changed your password, you will be brought back to the Canvas Login Page
Step 2: Log into Canvas
- Navigate to canvas.rutgers.edu
- Enter your Email for the Login ID and the Password from Step 1
- When you log in, you will see your Canvas Dashboard
Can’t Log In?
If you have never used Canvas as a Teacher, Student, or Guest, your account may need to be activated.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty and staff can request their Canvas account to be activated at any time by emailing our help desk. Please include your Rutgers Net ID and a message that you are a faculty/staff asking to have your account activated.
Undergraduate & Graduate Students
Your account will be automatically activated when the rosters are added to the course. This usually occurs about a month before the start of the semester. If you are unable to log in, please email the help desk with your Rutgers NetID and which course site you need access to.