Sub-Account Admin Quick Guide
There are a number of different account roles in Canvas. Additional information about the permissions can be found here.
Changes made at the account level will affect all users and courses under the sub-account. These include:
- External Apps
- Grade Schemes
- Question Banks
Accessing the Sub-Account Admin
After you have been provided an account level role, you will see an icon on the global navigation labeled Admin. Clicking on this will display the Sub-Accounts you have access to.
Some admin roles, can view and manage sub-accounts in Canvas. Click here for additional information about maintaining sub-accounts.
Admin Navigation Menu in the Sub-Account
Once are in the sub-account, you will see the Admin Navigation menu.
These menu options will vary depending on the account role assigned to your account.
Canvas Guides by Instructure:
The Administrator Guides and Communities by Instructure are excellent resources to find instructions and what other institutions have done.
Below are additional guides for common actions taken by Admins:
- How do I view reports for an account?
- How do I view the enrollments for a user in an account?
- How do I send a message to a user in an account?
- How do I create a global announcement in an account?
- How do I restrict student access before or after a course date at the account level?
- How do I use the Canvas App Center in an account?