Instructure, the parent company of Canvas, will perform a maintenance event on Rutgers Canvas on Friday, July 26th, 2019. This event will last up to 6 hours and will start at 11:00 PM CDT (4:00 AM UTC). This maintenance event will affect the ability to upload new media and subtitles to the media servers in Canvas. During this time, users will continue to be able to access previously uploaded videos and captions. This will not affect other core Canvas functions or media uploads to Kaltura.
When will services be unavailable?
- EDT July 27, 2019 12:00 AM – July 27, 2019 6:00 AM
- CDT July 26, 2019 11:00 PM – July 27, 2019 5:00 AM
- GMT July 27, 2019 4:00 AM – July 27, 2019 10:00 AM
Is your time zone not listed? Click here to find out when you’ll be affected.
How will you be affected?
All users will be unable to upload media and captions to Canvas during this maintenance event. This event is isolated only to Canvas features using the native media upload button. This will affect user when
- Attaching a media comment to a message as an instructor
- Uploading a video using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor
- Uploading an audio file using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor
- Submitting a media file as an assignment submission as a student
- Attaching a media comment to a message as a student
- Uploading a media using the Rich Content Editor as a student
It is recommended that instructors alter due dates for quizzes and assignments that require the use of the Upload Media
This maintenance event will not affect other features or Canvas or integrated apps, such as the use of Kaltura in Canvas. In Canvas, Kaltura is accessed via My Media and Media Gallery in the course navigation and from the More External Tools menu in the Rich Content Editor.