Rutgers Canvas is pleased to announce the integration of Top Hat, an audience response system. This service allows students to bring their own device to answer questions asked in a classroom setting. As an ongoing commitment to providing faculty with the latest technology, we have entered into a partnership with Top Hat. This partnership benefits you and your students in two ways:
- Preferred pricing for Rutgers University students:
- Semester: $20
- Annual: $ 30
- 4-year: $55
- Integration with Canvas. Enhanced functionality includes:
- Roster sync
- Multiple column grade sync
- Attendance sync
- Secure, single sign on integration. This will be available for the Fall 2019 semester. If you already have a Top Hat account created, this article explains how to transition existing accounts to single sign on once it’s available.
Top Hat has assigned a dedicated product expert to work with Rutgers faculty. Top Hat provides one-on-one instructional design sessions, as well as one-on-one onboarding and training. Rutgers University and Top Hat are working together over the next few months to prepare for the upcoming semester.
Top Hat Webinars
If you are interested in learning more about the platform, Drew is hosting webinars throughout the summer:
- Wednesday, July 24 at 12:00
- Wednesday, August 21 at 12:00
If you are interested in attending, please register with this form.
In addition to these webinars, Drew is available for 1:1 personalized sessions. You can reach Top Hat Education Consultant Drew Spicer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or book directly using the Drew’s virtual calendar.