Rutgers Canvas is pleased to announce the integration of Microsoft OneDrive with Rutgers Canvas. Users will see Microsoft Office 365 in Assignments, Collaborations, Modules, Course Navigation, and the Rich Content Editor. This integration allows students and instructors to use, create, share, and collaborate on Office 365 files within Canvas. Users can also view their OneDrive files directly in Canvas. Please review the full Canvas Release: Microsoft Office 365 LTI release notes for this external application.
To use this integration, users must log into the same Microsoft enterprise account:
- Instructors must sign in with their Rutgers Connect account.
- Students must sign in with their ScarletMail account.
The Canvas and Microsoft OneDrive integration has five main points of interoperability that promote great teaching and learning:
- Microsoft OneDrive embedding and linking: easily embed documents from your Microsoft OneDrive anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
- Microsoft OneDrive as Assignments:
- Students can submit Microsoft OneDrive document as Assignments
- Teachers can use a Microsoft OneDrive document to give an Assignment, and send a copy of that document to each assigned student
- Teachers can grade submitted student assignments in SpeedGrader by editing or annotating the Microsoft OneDrive document
- Microsoft OneDrive Collaborations: students can use Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint for a Canvas Collaboration
- Modules: Teachers can link to a live Microsoft OneDrive file in their Canvas Modules.
- View Microsoft OneDrive in your course navigation.
Microsoft OneDrive is enabled by default in the course navigation. If you do not intend to use it, please disable it by hiding the link in the course navigation.