Instructure, the parent company of Canvas, will perform a maintenance event on Rutgers Canvas on Wednesday, March 25, 2020. This event will last up to 30 minutes and will start at 12:00 AM EST (4:00 AM UTC). In response to the rapid increase in online presence across the globe, Instructure will be performing database maintenance on Rutgers Canvas. This is a critical maintenance necessary to keep Canvas performant with the extra courses and users that are transitioning to online learning. Although the maintenance event will last half an hour, Instructure expects only a portion of that time to impact your account availability.
When will services be unavailable?
- EST March 25, 2020 12:00 AM –12:30 AM
- CST March 24, 2020 9:00 pM – 9:30 PM
- GMT March 25, 2020 4:00 AM – 4:30 AM
Is your time zone not listed? Click here to find out when you’ll be affected.
How will you be affected?
Users will be unable to access Rutgers Canvas during a portion of this maintenance event.
It is recommended that instructors change due dates to be outside of this maintenance event:
- How do I add or edit details in an assignment?
- How do I edit a discussion in a course?
- Once I publish a quiz, how do I make additional changes?
- Once I publish a quiz, how can I give my students extra attempts?
- Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?
- How do I edit an assessment in New Quizzes?
- How do I manage settings for an assessment in New Quizzes?
- How do I moderate a student’s assessment attempt in New Quizzes?
- How do I use the Moderation page in New Quizzes?