Rutgers Canvas is pleased to announce the release of the Public Course Index. The Public Course Index allows all users within Rutgers to view a list of Rutgers courses in a catalog format. You can view a link to the Public Course Index on the My Courses page. Instructors will determine course settings to allow Rutgers users to see the course name and description, only the course syllabus, all course content, or join a self-enrollable course. Courses listed in the index may be public or private courses. By default, courses are not listed in the Public Course Index and course content is only visible to users enrolled in a course. Inclusion in the Public Course Index may be changed by the course instructor at any time.
The Public Course Index is ideal for instructors who would like to make their course syllabus visible prior to the start of the semester or during the add/drop period. In addition, programs and departments may offer self-enrollable student resources courses for their academic program.
- Canvas Guides
- How do I view my institution’s Public Course Index as a student?
- How do I view my institution’s Public Course Index as an instructor?
- How do I include a course in the Public Course Index?
- How do I customize visibility options for a course?
- How do I customize visibility options for course content?
- How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join code or secret URL?
- How do I restrict student access to a course before or after the course dates?
- Setting Course Availability & Visibility for Instructors
- Canvas Course Visibility & Settings Recommendations