These instructions do not affect Rutgers NetID Passwords
There is an alternate way to log into Canvas using a Login ID. This login method may use your Email Address or Rutgers NetID with a different password. You will need to set up this separate password. Please follow the steps below to reset the password.
- Go to the Canvas Email Login, click on ‘Forgot password?‘
- Enter your Net ID or Email address into the Login ID field. Then click Request Password.
- Check your email, the email subject is “Forgot Password: Canvas” and the sender is firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your Spam/Junk folder if you do not see it.
- Click on the link in the email and you will be brought to a page with the below information.
- After you have changed your password, you will be brought back to the Canvas Login Page. Click on Email Login and use your Login ID and new password to access your account.