This guide will demonstrate the steps needed in order to set multiple due dates in a Canvas assignment or quiz. For instructors who need to provide quiz/exam accommodations for students, you may need to moderate quizzes/exams and adjust due dates and times.
- Log into Canvas, navigate to your course, and access your quiz or assignment.
- From Modules or assignments list, click the three dots to the right of the assignment name. If you are viewing the assignment, click Edit in the upper right.
- In the Assign section of the assignment or quiz setting, click +Add to differentiate the assignment.
- In the new Assign to field, you may type a student’s name or a course section name. As you type, a list will appear and the name will autocomplete. Click on the name(s) to assign the new due date. You cannot differentiate due dates based on Canvas groups listed in People.
- Enter due dates and availability dates to apply to this subset of your course.
- The original assignment due date of Everyone will change to Everyone Else.
- Click Save in the lower right.
- The assignment information will display multiple due dates for the assignment or quiz.
- Canvas Guides for Assignments:
- Canvas Guides for Discussions:
- Canvas Guides for Classic Quizzes
- Canvas Guides for New Quizzes