Hawkes Learning is integrated in Rutgers Canvas. Instructors must have an existing Hawkes account. Instructors will need to add two links in their Canvas course:
- The Hawkes Synchronization Tool allows instructors to synchronize their students’ Hawkes grades with Canvas.
- The Hawkes Single Sign-On link allows students to access the Hawkes web platform directly from Canvas without having to enter login credentials.
To add Hawkes Learning to your Canvas course:
- Log into Canvas.
- Select your Course.
- Select Modules from the navigation bar. (How do I manage navigation links in Canvas?)
- Select +Module to add a new module named Hawkes Learning (or add to an existing module).
- Press the + button to the right of the module name to add a content item.
- From the drop-down menu labeled “Add…”, select External Tool.
- Select either the Hawkes Sync Tool or Hawkes Single Sign-On.
- Check the box next to Load in a new tab.
- Click Add Item.
- For the Hawkes Single Sign-On link only, publish the link.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the second application
- The module that the Single Sign On link was added to will need to be published.
- The Hawkes Sync Tool link should not be published
- Selecting the Single Sign On link before the course has been linked to a Hawkes section will result in an error indicating that the course has not been set up yet. This is expected.